To Promote, construct, and manage a continuous hiking trail, with related spur, connector, and access trails, to be called the Pine Mountain Trail, and to conserve the natural environment of the Trail and its adjacent lands. The Trail shall run from the Breaks Interstate Park to Cumberland Gap National historical Park, along the Pine Mountain ridge over the summits and through the scenic points of interest, so as to render the mountain accessible, principally for primitive camping, backpacking, and hiking. The Trail shall be means for showcasing the wild highlands and conserving the natural and cultural heritage of Appalachia for future generations.
The PMTC board members are a wide-ranging group of individuals dedicated to the construction and maintenance of the Pine Mountain Trail.
Board Members - Paul Hopkins, Kenny Mullins, Dee Roberts, James Stapleton, Gayle Horne, Brett Bentley, Joe Campbell, Duane Hoskins, Ben Hoskins, Phil Meeks, Myrel Short, Wade Rose, Chuck Sturgill
- President - Shad Baker
- Vice President - Bill Ramey
- Secretary - Jeremy Williams
- Treasurer - Phil Meeks
PMTC Board Meetings
Everyone is welcome to attend the board meetings of the Pine Mountain Trail Conference. Meetings are held at 1pm on the third Thursday of each month rotating through the counties on Pine Mountain....Bell, Harlan, Letcher, and Pike. Join us when we are in your neck of the woods.
*A special welcome to Sherry Cornett, the new Kingdom Come Park Manager. The PMTC looks forward to working with Ms. Cornett on the many projects and goals that are shared in common.
- James Hubbard - Letcher Attorney
- Austin Bradley - Breaks Interstate Park
- Ron Vanover - Kentucky State Parks
- Kyle Napier - Kentucky State Nature Preserves Commission
- Sula Jacobs - National Park Service
- Elaine Wilson - KY Tourism, Arts, and Heritage
- Dave Skinner - US Forest Service
- Beth Byrnes - KY Parks
- Dianne Bonfert - KY Parks
- Sherry Cornett - Kingdom Come State Park *
- John Schneider - Vaughn & Melton Consulting Engineers
- Tom Johnson - Great Eastern Trail
- Ross Kegan - former PMTC director
- Seth Wheat - Kentucky Adventure Tourism
- Leigh Powers - General Counsel, KY Tourism, Arts, and Heritage
- Dennis Crowley - Kentucky Trails Association